If you don’t have a Wi-Fi router and still want to use the internet on other devices then you should read this article. Because in this article you will learn how to turn your PC into a Wi-Fi hotspot without installing any type of software. So let us get started with the process.
- First of all you need to make sure that your PC is connected to any type of internet connection.
- Now you need to open command prompt and to do so open run by pressing Ctrl + R then enter cmd and click OK.
- Next we need to create and share a virtual network to make your PC a Wi-Fi hotspot and provide internet access to other devices too. To do so you need to enter the following command in the command prompt and press enter.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=TheGeekDaily key=TheGeekDaily
- In the above command the SSID value is the name of virtual network and key is the password and you can change it with the ones of your choice.
- You have successfully created a virtual network adapter and next step is to start it. To do so enter the following command in the command prompt and press enter.
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Next go to the Network and Sharing Center inside the Control Panel of your PC and there you should see your newly created virtual adapter.
- You need to click on the Local Area Connection and wait for a popup window to open.
- Then click on the Properties button in the popup window.
- Go to the Sharing tab and click on the box next to Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection in order to check it.
- Then select your virtual network adaptor from the drop down menu and click OK then click Close on the previous window.
- You have successfully created a Wi-Fi hotspot and now you can connect other devices to it.
If you don’t like the method explained above then here is an alternative for you. You can simply download the Connectify app that lets you turn your PC into a virtual router so that you can use your PC as a Wi-Fi hotspot in a single click.
That’s all about how to turn your PC into a Wi-Fi hotspot. Now you can enjoy your shared internet connection without getting another internet connection. If you face any problem while creating the virtual network adapter then leave a comment below and we would be more than happy to help you.