If you want to root your Nexus 6 / Nexus 9 or flash custom ROM then you first need to unlock the bootloader and in this article we will show you do that.
How To Unlock Bootloader Of Nexus 6 And Nexus 9
- First of all you need to set up Android SDK on your PC to run adb and fastboot commands.
- Also make a backup of all your important data of your phone.
- Make sure that your device has more than 50% of battery left.
- Now go to Settings then go to About phone and enable Developer options by tapping 5 times on Build number.
- Then go back to Settings and choose Developer options.
- Under Developer options you need to check the box next to USB debugging and Enable OEM unlock.
- Now plug in your phone into your computer.
- A pop up will appear on your phone asking for the USB debugging access and you need to check that box.
- Next you need to open command prompt within the Platform-tools SDK folder and enter the following command in command prompt:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now wait for your phone to reboot and once it pauses at the boot screen then you need to enter the following command in command prompt:
fastboot oem unlock
- Then your phone will ask for a confirmation and to confirm it you need to tap on Volume Up button then Power button.
- Now wait for a while though it will not take more than a couple of minutes for your device to get unlocked. Once the process is finished your device will show Start on the screen then you need to tap Power button and your phone will reboot.
- That’s all. If everything went correctly then you will see an unlock icon during boot.
If you are facing any problem then leave a comment below and we will try to get back as soon as possible.
Note: This may void warranty and we are not responsible for any loss.