Why should we update a mobile?
Just like our computer need software to run,our mobile also need software and applications to run properly.And if we always have the latest version of this software, we get many things like:
- Improvement in performance of mobile, like battery life and applications.
- New and improved function of mobile.
- The latest version of Nokia applications and services.
- problems of mobile will be fixed.
Requirements to update the firmware (Software) on your Nokia mobile
- Your mobile.
- Data cable (USB cable) of your mobile or Bluetooth.
- A WI-Fi network that your phone is connected to OR your PC ‘s internet connection.
- A software should be installed in your PC named Nokia Ovi suite.
You can download Nokia suite from below mentioned link:
How to update the So
Note: Before you update your mobile,please remember following points:-
- Take backup of your device using Nokia suit.Otherwise you will loss your personal information or files.
- Your device should be fully charged.
- Please Do Not Remove your device during update process.Otherwise your mobile will be become dead,And in future you can’t be able to use your mobile any more.
To start updating your nokia mobile software,please connect your device via Nokia pc suite and follow the below mentioned steps:-
- Go to menu bar of Nokia suit click on Tools menu.
- Then click to Software updates .
- It will show available updates for your Nokia mobile.
- Then click on install.
- Then it will ask you to create backup.If you have created backup earlier, you have not necessary to create backup.That depends upon your choice.
- Now your update will start.firstly it will download software and then install it into your phone,it will take several minutes.
- After that your update will be completed.
Restore your files
To restore your files which you have created backup earlier ,follow the below mentioned steps:-
- Connect your phone with PC via USB cable.
- Run Nokia Ovi suit application.
- Go to menu bar click on Tools menu.
- Now click on Restore.
- Select the backup file you have made for your phone.
- Now click next option.
- Now your restore process will start and after several minutes restore will be completed.
Now your mobile phone is updated and restored successfully. You can now use your Updated mobile.