Though viewing the hidden files in Windows 7 is quite simple, most users do not know how to open the Folder options, which is the reason why they are unable to change various options related to folders, such as viewing hidden files etc. Here is a simple tutorial to show you exactly how to do that. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Open the Windows Explorer and select Organize located on the top-left of your screen.
2. Click Folder and search options
3. A new window will show up with the ‘General’, ‘View’ and ‘Search’ tabs.
4. Click on View and look up the Hidden files and folders option. Check the “Show hidden files, folders and drives” option.
5. If you wish to unhide system files you’ll need to uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)“. I’d recommend you not to show system files, unless you need to. Sometimes some viruses make files in a particular drive hidden and system file, you can access those files using this.
6. If you wish to view the hidden files in your entire computer, you need to click on “Apply to Folders” button.
7. Click on Apply followed by OK to apply and save the setting.
You will now be able to view all hidden files, folders and drives.