If you are a Galaxy S3 user then this article is a lot useful for you, if you are going to flash a brand new custom Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM XXBLH4. Galaxy S3 was originally launched with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich version and now a new test version of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has released which can be flashed with the help of ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your phone. ClockworkMod 18.104.22.168 Recovery is the new and latest version of CWM recovery series.
Either you use ODIN or ClockworkMod Recovery to install any custom ROM. In previous article of mine I let you know How to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM XXBLH4 on Galaxy S3 I9300 with the help of ClockworkMod Recovery installation. Today we will learn How to Install ClockworkMod 22.214.171.124 Recovery on Verizon Galaxy S3.
Official ClockworkMod 126.96.36.199 Recovery has been released for Verizon Galaxy S3 recently which you must install to have fun with any new custom ROM’s released.
Official ClockworkMod 188.8.131.52 Recovery has many new features enabled this time.
- De-Duplication of data b/w backups.
- If your external memory card is formatted as FAT32 then it can support both internal memory as well as external SD card.
- Fixed restoration greater than 2 GB.
- Quicker Back ups.
- A little change in User interface as you’ll see a new background and an animated android.
Below prescribed guide is for Verizon Galaxy S3 phone with model number as SCH-i535. Do not initiate the steps on any other variant of Galaxy S3 phone, doing so can brick your phone or your phone may get some serious damage.
Flashing process in android is always risky and you shouldn’t perform them if you have a little knowledge of them or don’t have a proper guide. We don’t hold any responsibility if anything is damaged on your phone during application of below mentioned steps.
How to Install ClockworkMod 184.108.40.206 Recovery on Verizon Galaxy S3 via ODIN.
- Back up your data :– As back up is not required necessarily still we advise you to back up your data safely. Kindly back up your SMS, sync your contacts and call logs, save your APN and MMS settings. Pen down both somewhere at safe place, it’s better you have your data connectivity with you if anything goes wrong. You can use apps likes “Mobile Backup II, APN Backup & Restore, SMS Backup and Restore, Backup to Gmail, SMS Backup +, UiA- Backup Contacts, Backup Everything Backup Master” to back your different content safely.
- Unlock the bootloader of Verizon Galaxy S3 :- We are assuming you have unlocked the bootloader of your Verizon Galaxy S3 as unlocking the bootloader voids your phone’s warranty but no issues you can get it back by locking it again. Seriously this is necessary you need to have an unlocked bootloader of Verizon Galaxy S3. If you don’t have do not proceed next as doing say may damage something.
- Installing Phone’s Drivers :- From the given below links, download and install the Galaxy S3 drivers on your PC.
- Download Odin V3.07 :– Installation process of ClockworkMod 220.127.116.11 Recovery on Verizon Galaxy S3 is done via ODIN. So download and install it on your PC.
- After downloading the Odin V3.07, extract it in the folder named “Odin307“, having 4 files inside it as shown in pic below.
- Download ClockworkMod 18.104.22.168 Recovery file :- Download the touch version from the given below links. After downloading the touch version of CWM recovery, extract it to get the file named as “ODINRecovery.tar.md5 “.
- Boot into Download mode :- After downloading we will boot into download mode now. Switch off your phone, then press and hold down “Volume Down and Home button” and then “Power” button altogether till you get a warning message on home screen. Now at once press “Volume Up” button to have an entry into download mode, you’ll notice a green android and text downloading flashing on the screen.
- Now on your PC, go to folder named “Odin307” and open the file Odin3 v3.07.exe. You will see a window frame like this after running the Odin.
- Now connect your Verizon Galaxy S3 with the PC. Wait till drivers are finished installing. Later you’ll see a message “Added” in the message box of Odin if phone is detected successfully by Odin. If not then re-connect your phone to PC and make sure all drivers were downloaded and installed correctly.
- Now make sure after successfully connecting your phone with Odin, the “Re-Partition” option is not checked. Now click on “PDA” button and select the file “ODINRecovery.tar.md5 “, we got after extracting ClockworkMod 22.214.171.124 Recovery downloaded file.
- Click on “Start” button to start the flashing process of ClockworkMod 126.96.36.199 Recovery on Verizon Galaxy S3 via ODIN. As soon as the flashing process is completed you will notice your phone reboots and as when Samsung Logo appears on phone you can successfully unplug the USB cable of your phone.
Odin Issues Faced :- In any cases the flashing doesn’t go properly, you’ll get a “Fail” message with red background. Remove your phone from PC, switch it off, re-insert the battery, close the Odin, re-start the PC and again perform all steps from booting into Download mode.
- ClockworkMod 188.8.131.52 Recovery is successfully installed on your phone if all above steps are applied carefully.
How to boot into ClockworkMod 184.108.40.206 Recovery on Verizon Galaxy S3
- While installing any custom ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S3 to boot into CWM recovery, Switch off your phone and then press and hold down “Volume Up and Down” buttons and then press “Power” buttons altogether till your phone screen is back on again. In CWM recovery you scroll down with the help of “Volume Buttons” and select an option with help of “Power” button. Select the option with the help of “Power” button “Reboot system now” and now your phone reboots into CWM recovery and you can carry on any installation now.
A day back I came out with How to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM XXBLH4 on Galaxy S3 I9300 and this new tweak is awesome, the new Google Now feature of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Ben is awesome. Look to the above post to enjoy the new Jelly bean release on your Galaxy S3. If you face any issues or stuck anywhere during flashing CWM recovery, do let us know.