The newest smart phone to be sporting the brand name of the Search engine giant, the Google Nexus 4 is certainly impressive both in the price segment and the specifications that it comes loaded with. This phone is manufactured by LG electronics and looks set to capture a part of the smart phone market. Apple recently launched the Apple iPhone 5 with much fanfare and this launch, like all other launches of Apple, witnessed worldwide attention with millions of eyeballs glued to their TV or computer screens listening to ever detail coming out of the mouth of Tim Cook, the new CEO of Apple Inc.
Below is the detailed comparison of both the phones:
iPhone 5 vs. Nexus 4 Comparison
#1 Operating System
- The Nexus 4 will sport the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which though does not bring a lot of updates on the table from the previous version but definitely comes with new apps. The Android 4.2 has the Photo Sphere which provides users with capacity to click pictures just like the Google Street View feature.
- The iPhone 5 has the current update of iOS 6 and thus it comes with some 200 extra features which were missing in the iOS 5. This comes with a new “Do Not Disturb” feature along with the much in news Apple’s new map feature.
Winner :- Here the iPhone 5 takes the cake by bringing up more new features.
- The Nexus 4 is armed with the very powerful quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor which provides the phone with a speed of 1.54 GHz.
- The iPhone 5 comes with a dual core A6 processor which provides the device with a speed of 1.3GHz which is pretty good.
Winner:- The Nexus 4 clearly leads with a better processor speed.
- The Nexus 4 comes with a huge display, 4.7 inches, true to the huge displays which other Android phones carry. With 320 pixels per inch, this device provides with clear images, texts and pictures. The Gorilla glass 2 saves the phone from any kind of scratches and cracks that it might suffer while in use.
- The iPhone 5 has a 4 inch screen display and is not full HD. With the pixel per inch hanging at 326, though it beats the Nexus 4 with a slight margin, but still this is the best device in the market with this good feature.
Winner:- The iPhone 5 again takes the lead with a better resolution and clarity of images and texts.
- The Nexus 4 provides with just 2 options when it comes with memory. Either one can buy the 8 GB version or the 16 GB version.
- The Apple iPhone 5 comes in three different variants namely the 16 GB, the 32 GB and the 64 GB.
Winner:- Here more memory again makes iPhone the winner though both the phones come with memory which cannot be expanded than what is provided with.
- The Nexus 4 sports the typical camera types which one see’s with Android devices. The front of the phone has the 1.3 mega pixel camera and the rear comes with an 8 mega pixel camera.
- The Apple iPhone 5 has a face time HD capable 1.2 mega pixel in the front while the behind comes armed with a 8 mega pixel camera, similar to the Nexus 4.
Winner:- Though, there is not much difference in the cameras amongst both the phones still the camera by Apple iPhone 5 is better than Nexus 4.
- Google’s Nexus 4 comes with the regular 3G feature with the Wi Fi ability which can be found in any smart phone today.
- Apple’s iPhone 5 along with the regular 3G and the Wi Fi feature carries the LTE which is the latest connectivity feature to have been discovered.
Winner:- iPhone 5 is the clear winner here because of the added LTE connectivity.
- The Nexus 4 carries a 2100 mAh battery which as claimed by Google will be able to work for more than 15 hours of talk time.
- Apple iPhone 5 has a battery of 1440 mAh which as claimed by Apple is good to provide a talk time of around 8 hours along with the 3G usage.
Winner:- Here, Nexus 4 takes the cherry by provided with a more powerful battery and a better talk time than Apple.
#8 Media & Entertainment
- Nexus 4 has the support of Google and thus the huge gallery of apps which are featured in Google play works wonders with this smart phone.
- Apple’s iPhone 5 has access to the huge world of apps that is a common feature for the devices which are launched by Apple.
Winner:- Nexus 4 is again in the lead here as Google play definitely provides with a wider array of entertainment in comparison with the Apple app world.
- The Nexus 4 comes at a price of $349 for the 16 GB version which is quite low when compared with other smart phones.
- Apple’s iPhone 5 is priced at $649, which is very expensive when compared with other smart phones in the same genre.
Winner:- The Nexus 4 again takes the lead by providing price difference of $300 over the iPhone 5.
#10 Market Competitors
- The Nexus 4 has some clear arch rivals like Samsung Galaxy Nexus, the LG Optimus G, Nokia Lumia 920, HTC One X, HTC One X+ and the Samsung Galaxy S III.
- Apple’s iPhone 5 garners rivalry from Galaxy S III, the HTC One X and the Nokia Lumia 920.
Winner:- Again even when it comes to rivalry the Nexus 4 brings it on with more than 3 rivals (other smart phones) which might be eating up into its market share.
Conclusion of iPhone 5 vs. Nexus 4 Comparison
All in all it is pretty clear that the Nexus 4 comes out as a better phone than the Apple’s iPhone 5 simply based on the various features that we had discussed above. At the same time the difference in price between both the phones makes the Nexus 4 more attractive to the consumers who are looking for more features at low price.