TheGeekDaily is a Technology, Gadgets, Android, iOS, Social Media and productivity tips blog, where you can contribute articles on the following topics.
- Gadget and software reviews
- Tips and tricks.
- Computing tips and HOW TO’s
- iPhone, iPad, MAC, iTouch
- Android phones, tips, how to’s, App’s
- Latest social media and technology news
Why you should write for TheGeekDaily
- We pay a flat price for every article published and there is no minimum payout limit.
- TheGeekDaily (Previously GeniusHackers.Com) is a popular tech blog with 8 thousand page views per day and RSS readership base of 10k users, your article gets a lot of exposure and brings traffic to your site.
- We will have lots of contests and prizes to encourage authors.
- Giving maximum possible exposure to the author is our top priority, you get back links (SEO), fame, traffic.
- We will feature regular authors on the home page, create a separate section for you on the home page so that people who like yours posts can find theme easily.
We currently offer the following payment methods.
- Bank Transfer ( For Indian Users )
You can request a payout when you have written atleast 5 articles and your account balance is 15$.
Before you start writing for TheGeekDaily, we expect you to read the following articles
Quality guidelines and topic selection
- Please write articles only in your field of expertise. We expect our writers to have first hand experience in the topic they are writing. We hate it when a new blogger tells us “How to be a professional blogger”.
- You article should be COMPLETE and cover the topic FULLY. If the post is getting too long, split it into multiple posts, or write a series of posts.
- Information you provide should be accurate. When in doubt ask Google.
- Please check the grammar and spellings before submitting. This is one of the factor we consider while paying for the article. Pay attention to the red lines added by your browser spell check. We have a button to check spelling and grammar on the post editor.
Please don’t write an article for the sake of it. Write only when you have something to share, something to teach, something to rant about ( Yes, we accept rant ). Lets respect our readers time, and add value to them through our articles.
Picking a catchy title
People on the web are very busy, we have a very short time grab their attention. To make the best out of this short attention time, a catchy title to very important to grab their attention.
Copy blogger has amazing collection of posts on how to write magnetic titles, please read them.
Search engines are the major source of traffic for any blog. No matter how well your article is, if it’s not optimized for the right keyword, people will never find it. The following resources help you in writing articles that rank well.
Do not forget to fill the Search engine optimized title and the meta description. Meta description is very important, even you write the best article with proper search engine optimization, if you don’t have proper meta description people wont click your page on search results.
Write a meta description that will entice people to read the article
How to use tags
The main purpose of tags like categories is to organize the content and make it easy for your readers to find the content on your blog.
- Don’t use the tags same as categories. They should compliment each other and should not be used synonymously.
- Re use the tags, every tag should have at least 10 posts in it.
- Keep the tags small, maximum of 3 words. Capitalize The First Letter In The Tag.
An image is equivalent to 1000 words. Use images and screenshots where necessary, and fill in the appropriate alt and title tags to help screen readers and for SEO.
A good quality image make the post visually pleasing and adds value to the post. For product images, check the official products page for images. For screenshots use print screen or any screen snapper.
Optimize your image before uploading. If you are using Photoshop use the shortcut ctr+alt+shift+s to save for web devices. Maintain a balance between quality and image size. Never upload a image in bitmap format
Just like the title as catchy featured image is a must for every post, this image will be used in featured slider, widgets, post listing.
Checklist for images used
- Always use images from official source.
- Do not take screenshots of images, Save them to your computer and then upload.
- Use images with transparent or white background.
- Optimize images before uploading, jepg with a quality of 60 is fine. Use png format only when you have to post a transparent image as pngs are usually larger than jpegs.
- If there is lot of white or empty space in the image, crop it before uploading.
- NEVER POST ANY IMAGES WITH WATERMARK OF OTHER SITES
Few other points..
- Credit : We respect individual work and if your idea is derivative of some one else work, feel free to give credit. Same goes to images which you use on your post.
- Screenshot + Video : Images speaks thousand words. Do add relevant images to make your post more visually appealing.
- Self promotion : Your bio will be displayed at the end of the post, so don’t add any promotional text in the post. If you already wrote a post on the topic you are writing now, you are allowed to link to your post.
- Copyright : We respect everyone work. In case we found out that you have been copying post from somewhere. This will lead to instant ban of your account.
- Comment : Comments are the conversation and when your article is published. Try to answer any query related to your article via comments. This will give you more exposure and also help people.
- Post Images – Include images to make your point clearer or show a screenshot of what you’re talking about, make sure your post is not just a wall of text.
- Code – Code should be wrapped in [language name] [/language name] tags.Replace the language name with whatever language it is.
- Headlines – The headline should get to the point, explaining exactly what the article is about and draw readers in. Don’t go over the top with your claims in it.
- Explain The Pros and Cons – If you’re teaching readers to do something new, it’s normally worth explaining they would actually want to do it. And if you’re listing the plus sides of anything, listing the downsides as well makes your opinion much more trustworthy.
- Be short and Sweet – Try to get to the point quickly. Short paragraphs are better than long ones. If you can say something in 10 words, then do, don’t waste any extra.
- Stay formal – Avoid using slang language or smileys in the article. The post definitely shouldn’t read like an encyclopaedia, but some level of formality will help.
- Use formatting – Use bold to highlight the most important parts of your paragraphs, but only use it on a few words in a paragraph. And bulleted lists are a great way to list a set of points or resources so use them whenever you can.
- If you are using some images in posts, make sure you optimize them, and never upload bitmap (BMP) images.
- Fill up the tags field with appropriate tags.
- Choose appropriate category.
- Fill in the “SEO plugin fields”
- Make sure there are no spelling mistakes and grammatical errors and submit it for review.
Here are some other points that will reduce the probability of your post getting accepted
- your post looks like a sales pitch for your product or website
- your post covers a topic that we have already covered in the past
- your post covers a topic that has been covered extensively by other bloggers in the past
- your post contains many grammatical or spelling mistakes
Register( Registrations are closed at the moment. Fill the below application and I will register an account for you )
- Write a post
- Update your profile