Micromax has attempted to enter free messaging market by launching application called ‘Hook Up’, a free messaging service for Android phones. The messaging application lets users send and receive messages, and allows exchanging pictures, music , videos and more. Currently the carrier has put a cap of 330 free messages a month for first year . A single application, HookUp combines the best of IM chat and text messaging service. Hook-Up is deeply integrated with the SMS application; allowing users to have a unified messaging inbox without having to access different applications for specific message content. Hookup comprises of robust features increasing stickiness such as doodle pad, Walkie-Talkie and location sharing. Hook –up services provide best-in-class Performance and Innovation among Messaging Peers. The domestic mobile phone manufacturer, Micromax is launching the New Micromax A25 another powerful yet budget phone along with this messaging application. The phone runs on a powerful 1 GH Processor. The display is smaller to the other phones now days, but good for those who don’t want to spend money on a large screen device. This phone display is 2.8-inch capacitive TFT touch screen with a resolution of 240 x 320 pixels. The company says users of the A25 Smarty smart phones will be able to send messages to non-Hook-up users as well.
Additionally, Micromax claims it sips less data than competing messaging applications like Whats App. Currently, the app is not available on the Google Play market, but Micromax plans on offering it via Google Play soon. Activation is required to start with the service. The activation is free of any charges. To activate user need to tap on the activation icon and then submit the phone number in the given field along with a user name. After the service is activated, user can receive notifications and also can be able to view, manage and search files and messages. To access Hook Up a GPRS connection is necessary.
Features of Hook-Up :-
1. Hook Up is deeply integrated with the SMS application , allowing users to have a unified messaging inbox without having to access different applications for specific message content.
2. Hook up comprises of robust features increasing stickiness such as doodle pad, Walkie Talkie and location sharing.
3. Hook –up services provide best-in-class Performance and Innovation among Messaging Peers. It consumes less memory, minimum battery and Data Usage consumption.
4. It has faster push speed and uses less bandwidth.
5. Easy contact list management is also provided with Hook Up where in one can easily send invites to new contacts or even choose to keep away from the unwanted ones with SPAM / Block list feature.
Availability of the App:-
Hook Up messaging service is available for the devices namely 57 Ninja 3.5, A87 Ninja 4.0, Q34, and X335