When Microsoft called for an press conference there was surprise and excitement all over the world as many didn’t have a clue what will be announced by the software giant after the big announcement of Windows tablet. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer unveiled the consumer preview of the new fifteenth version of Microsoft Office which is specially optimized for the Windows 8 and touch-based tablets. The trendy design and use of cloud computing by storing documents on the Internet makes life simple and it’s compatible with touch screens which is going to be the future of computing. It also incorporates Skype, the video-calling service which recently Microsoft bought for $8.5 billion. The pricing details will be announced during the launch but the subscription services which you can opt are announced.
- Office 365 Home Premium — Specially designed for families and consumers which is considered as mass market ,this service also includes an additional 20 GB of SkyDrive storage (Windows cloud service) and 60 minutes of Skype world minutes per month.
- Office 365 Small Business Premium — This pack is designed for small businesses,this service features business-grade email, shared calendars, website tools and HD web conferencing for business meeting etc
- Office 365 ProPlus — This is designed for enterprise customers who want advanced business capabilities and the flexibility to deploy and manage in the cloud.
Have a look at some of exciting feature
- SkyDrive – New office saves documents to SkyDrive by default, so your content is always available across your phone,tablet and PC. Your documents are also available in your hard drive and sync when you reconnect to the internet.
- Office-on-Demand – New office comes with a subscription, you can access Office even when you are away from your PC by streaming full-featured applications to an Internet connected Windows based PC and tablets.
- subscription services – The new Office is available as a cloud-based subscription service (three different packs ). As subscribers consumers automatically get future upgrades in addition to exciting cloud services including Skype world minutes and extra SkyDrive storage.
- Yammer – The famous service of Microsoft “Yammer” delivers a secure and private social network for businesses. You can sign up for free and begin using social networking instantly.
- Stay connected – Follow people, comment, documents and sites in SharePoint. View and embed pictures, videos and Office content in your activity feeds to stay current and update your people.
- People Card – Have an integrated view of your contacts everywhere in Office. The People Card includes presence information complete with pictures, status updates, contact information and activity feeds from Facebook and LinkedIn accounts.
- Skype – The new Office comes with Skype. When you subscribe you get 60 minutes of Skype world minutes every month. Integrate Skype contacts into Lync and call or instant message anyone on Skype.
- Digital note-taking – Keep your notes handy in the cloud and across multiple devices with OneNote.Take note with touch pens and or keyboard.
- Reading and markup – The Read Mode in Word provides a modern and easy-to-navigate reading experience that automatically adjusts for large and small screens. Zoom in and out of content, stream videos within documents, view revision marks and use touch to turn pages.
- Meetings – PowerPoint features a new Presenter View that privately shows your current and upcoming slides, presentation time, and speaker notes in a single glance. While presenting, you can zoom, mark up and navigate your slides with touch and stylus. Lync includes multiparty HD video with presentations, shared OneNote notebooks and a virtual whiteboard for collaborative brainstorming.
- Eighty-two-inch touch-enabled displays – Conduct more engaging meetings, presentations and lessons, whether in person or virtually, with these multitouch and stylus-enabled displays from Perceptive Pixel.
Right now the price of Office 2013 is not available but it will be announced soon and MAC version of Office 2013 is also not announced but office 365 is MAC compatible.
You can try the consumer preview by downloading the application from here.
So what do you think of this new Office will you use it with your Windows?? drop your comments below