Nokia’s giant leap towards AndroidCute and beautiful Nokia X in vibrant colours
Nokia X is the most talked, leaked, rumoured and requested phone of Nokia. Well, what makes the phone so much interesting? It’s the Android itself. Nokia was the leader of mobiles long back, but with the rapid increase in the mobile technology the company was left far behind others.
Android was launched on 23 Sept 2008. That was the day when the revolution in mobile technology had begun. Actually, at present Android is giving new languages to smart TV, smart phones, smart cars and similar stuffs like that.
Nokia, the past mobile leader lost the head-to-head race between iOS and Android. But later on, Microsoft joined the competition and introduced their own operating system for Smart phones called as “Windows phone”.
As soon as the OS was launched Nokia became the first company to project Windows based devices. Nokia is world famous for the inbuilt quality and in my concern that was the only factor that attracted users to buy the windows phone series of Nokia.
Nokia launched Windows devices under the name ‘Lumia’. While other companies were still juggling with Android, Nokia was all set to buy and develop its own potential device for the high market around the globe.
It did take much time for Nokia to understand that they must do something different in order bring the life back to their work. Till mid 2013 Nokia was struggling with its outdated methods of business, and then suddenly news flashed which claimed that ‘Microsoft is buying Nokia’
Shortly after the deal between two corporations, another news banged the Internet and mobile markets ‘Nokia is launching its own Android powered Smartphone’. It didn’t take much time for the news to spread like a wild fire. After that there were series of numerous leaks about the phone which pointed that the device will be powered by Android. The two names which were popular for the device were ‘Nokia X’ and ‘Nokia Normandy’. As we all know now that the real name came to be known as ‘Nokia X’. The company planned to launch the device at the largest platform they might find and that was ‘Mobile World Congress 2014’.
But the most interesting thing that Nokia did was to launch of two other Smart phones in the same series. These were Nokia X+ and Nokia XL. Nokia X+ was the extended version of Nokia X and Nokia XL was the bigger version of Nokia X+ with 5” display.
The device was launched with the ‘forked’ version of Android, which means without any Google services. All the services were owned and managed by Microsoft itself. The OS also resembled that of Asha OS, which can be seen in Asha series of Nokia. The feature adopted from Asha OS to fork Android was ‘Fastlane’.
Specifications of Nokia X
- The device features a 4” IPS LCD display
- It comes with 800*480 pixel density with 233 ppi
- The device is powered up with Qualcomm Snapdragon S4, Dual-core 1 GHz
- The device comes with 3 MP camera sensor
- It runs on 512 MB of RAM
- The device is having 4 gigs internal memory with SD card suppor
- It supports Dual SIM with Dual standby (Micro)
- It weighs about 128 grams
Specifications of Nokia X+
- Device comes with 4inch WVGA display ( 480×800 pixels)
- It is powered by 1GHz dualcore Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play
- It runs on 768MB RAM
- Nokia X+ comes with 4GB internal storage with microSD card support up to 32GB
- The main shooter is 3MP fixed focus camera
- Device is powered with 1500mAh battery
- It also comes with OneDrive support
- It supports Dual SIM
- Connectivity options like 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS with A-GPS are also there.
Specifications of Nokia XL
- Device features a exciting 5inch WVGA display ( 480×800 pixels)
- It is powered with same1GHz dualcore Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play
- It runs with a 768MB RAM
- It supports microSD card support up to 32GB
- Primary and secondary shutters with 5MP auto focus camera with Flash and 2MP front camera
- Bigger power house with 2000mAh battery
- Comes with OneDrive support
- Nokia fastlane experience
- Supports Dual SIM
- Connectivity options like 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS with A-GPS are present.
The above listed are the specifications and best points for Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL. Well, You might have noticed that you are getting additional RAM on Nokia X+ and you are getting bigger screen on Nokia XL with same specs as on Nokia X+. Well, from my point of view Nokia XL is the best device if you are looking to buy an android piece from Nokia.
Hope that the article was helpful. Stay tuned for more exciting updates. Thanks for reading.