Most of the computer users nowadays like to keep different passwords for all the services they use. For example we keep different password for Gmail, Outlook, Yahoomail, Facebook, Twitter, and other services. People who doesn’t use different password for different services are the ones who end up losing all their accounts in a go. But sometimes we end up losing or forgetting our password, in the end we are just humans, forgetting is a part of us. Unfortunately people end up using “Forgot Password” link supported by different email and web services. These services ask you to verify your email account and send a confirmation link to the email account on which the account was basically initiated. Most of them even end up forgetting their email accounts and have to set-up a new account from scratch. For people this situation is a drag right. I think many of you might be aware of the fact that your browser and messenger does save your session password in what we say cookies. Keeping cookies for a long time isn’t good as we keeps your personal information, but if your system is a Single-user system and is protected by both firewall and antivirus, you don’t have to worry that much. There are some tools or Password recover tools which uses this information to show up your email accounts ids and passwords. A list of such tools is provided by Nirsoft. Password Recovery Tools are a set of free utilities which allows you to view password for Windows programs, including Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Dialup entries of Windows, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, Gmail, and many other services.
Some of the Password Recovery Tools which you may find useful
- MessenPass: Recovers Passwords of popular instant messengers programs in Windows like MSN Messenger, Windows Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ Lite 4.x/2003, AOL Instant Messenger provided with Netscape 7, Trillian, Miranda, and GAIM.
- Mail Passview: Recover Passwords for popular email services like Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook 2000 (POP3 and SMTP Accounts only), Microsoft Outlook 2002/2003 (POP3, IMAP, HTTP and SMTP Accounts), IncrediMail, Eudora, Netscape Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Mail PassView can also recover the passwords of Web-based email accounts (HotMail, Yahoo!, Gmail), if you use the associated programs of these accounts.
- Dialuppass: Recovers passwords of your entire dial up entries in Windows.
- Network Password Recovery: Recovers networks shares passwords stored in Windows.
- RouterPassView: Recovers lost passwords from configuration file stored by a router.
- WebBrowserPassView: WebBrowserPassView is a password recovery tool that reveals the passwords stored by the following Web browsers: Internet Explorer (Version 4.0 – 8.0), Mozilla Firefox (All Versions), Google Chrome, and Opera. This tool can be used to recover your lost/forgotten password of any Website, including popular Web sites, like Facebook, Yahoo, Google, and GMail, as long as the password is stored by your Web Browser.
There are a lot of other tools provided in the Password Recovery Tools, but I think these will do the work.
Note: Your antivirus may show that these files are showing malicious behavior, but don’t worry they are clean and tested by millions of users.