Samsung has released the upgraded version of Samsung Galaxy Mega named as Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 back in September 2014. As the device is an upgraded version there are a lot of improvements in the device which range from the size of the display to processor. The device sports a huge 6″ display with a density of ~245 ppi. The device is powered by a Exynos Quad-Core processor coupled with 1.5 GB of Ram and an internal storage of 16 GB. You can expand the storage upto 64 GB with the help of SD card. The device comes shipped with Android 4.4.4 out of the box. So if you own the device and searching for a guide to Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 then this guide on “How to Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Android 4.4.4” will surely help you.
The main reason for rooting your Mega 2 is that the device comes with a lot of bloatware which makes the device laggy in long run. So to remove the bloatware from the device you need to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 2. Rooting helps you to get administrative access over the device so that you can modify the core system files according to your needs. This guide will show you the step by step procedure to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 2. However we at TheGeekDaily are not responsible for your bricked devices and damaged SD Cards, This guide is for educational purposes only.
Prerequisites to Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 2
- Make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 and running Android 4.4.4
- Make sure that drivers are installed on your computer.
- Make sure that your device is charged at least 69%
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Backup important data on your device before rooting the device.
- Download the rooting file from here.
Follow the below procedure to root your device. Don’t even skip a single step mentioned in the article.
Procedure Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 2
- Download the Rooting file and extract it anywhere on your computer.
- Now turn off your device.
- Now you need to boot the device into download mode. To do this you can press Zoom Left and Power button same time for 5-10 seconds until you are in download mode.
- Once you are in Download Mode you will see a yellow triangle ignore it and Zoom Right.
- Now navigate to the extracted folder and run Odin as administrator.
- Now connect your device to the computer and wait for a minute or two as it takes time for drivers to install.
- You get a Successfully added message in the lower pane.
- Next Click on the PDA button and select “CF-Auto-Root.tar” file from the extracted folder.
- Press the start button and the flashing starts. Flashing takes not more than a minute or two.
- After successful flashing you get a Pass message.
- Restart the device and check Super SU is located in applications.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 by following our guide on “How to Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Android 4.4.4” . If you got stuck at any step of the tutorial, do let us know via comments so that we can help you out.