Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which is yet to be released by Samsung managed to get a rooting method which can root the device with ease. Chainfire, the creator of CF-Auto-Root method which is used to root many Samsung devices updated the method so that it can root Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and we published a guide recently which uses the CF-Auto-Root method to Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 . As the device is not out yet it’s a great thing that it got a rooting guide. So if you are planning to get one for yourself and If you want to root it you can follow this guide on “How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 4”
Rooting opens the doors of the customization of the device so that you can apply several tweaks and Flash Custom Roms onto your device which are faster in the terms of performance when compared to the Stock Roms. Rooting voids warranty. We didn’t try this method as we don’t have the device and we can’t guarantee to the fullest. However we at TheGeekDaily are not responsible for your bricked devices and damaged SD Cards, This guide is for educational purposes only.
Prerequisites to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Make sure that you are trying this guide on Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- Backup all important data stored on your device.
- Make sure that you have USB Drivers installed on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that your device is charged atleast 80%.
Downloads to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Make sure you download the root file according to your Model number. If you can’t find your model in the below list then you need to wait some time to root your Samsung galaxy Note 4.
SM-N9100 (Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduoszc-smn9100.zip
SM-N910W8 (Canadia, Qualcomm): CF-Auto-Root-trltecan-trltecan-smn910w8.zip
SM-N910C (Thailand, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-trelte-treltexx-smn910c.zip
SM-N910U (Hong Kong, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-trhplte-trhpltexx-smn910u.zip
SM-N910S (Korea, Exynos): CF-Auto-Root-trelteskt-trelteskt-smn910s.zip
SM-N9106W (China, Snapdragon): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduoszn-smn9106w.zip
SM-N9109W (China, Snapdragon): CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduosctc-smn9109w.zip
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Download the root file depending on your model number.
- Extract it anywhere on your computer.
- If you get Recovery.img and Cache.img in the extracted folder then you have extracted it twice. After extracting you need to get Odin and other files so make sure that you extracted the file only once.
- Run Odin as administrator on your computer.
- Now turn off your device and boot it into download mode you can do this by holding Volume Down + Home + Power button together. It will throw a warning on the screen press the button to continue.
- Now connect your device to the computer and wait for a few seconds as Odin takes some time to recognize your device.
- Now in the Odin select AP and select the file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Make sure that the re-partition box is unticked.
- Click the start button and Relax.
- During the process your device will root a few times don’t worry its normal.
That’s it you have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by following our guide on “Root Samsung Galaxy Note 4”. If you got stuck at any step during the process do let us know via comments, so that we can help you out.