Finally the wait is over. Sony has pushed the Android 4.4.2 update for the Sony Xperia M2 and it’s been a treat for all Sony Xperia M2 users. After updating your device to latest Android 4.4.2 you lose the root on your device and the old methods which you used to root the device no longer work. So today we are up with the latest working tutorial on “How to Root Sony Xperia M2 Android 4.4.2“.
The device got a huge user base as well as developer support. There are many AOSP Roms developed for the device. To install those Roms on your Sony Xperia M2 you need a rooted device with custom recovery installed on it. If you don’t like switching between Custom Roms you can have fun with Xposed Framework and its modules which helps you to customize the Stock Rom on your device. This guide includes steps to Root Sony Xperia M2 which include unlocking Bootloader, Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting the device. However we at TheGeekDaily are not responsible for your bricked devices and damaged SD Cards, This guide is for educational purposes only.
Prerequisites & Downloads to Root Sony Xperia M2
- Make sure that your device is bootloader unlocked. If you don’t know how to do it you can check the guide here.
- Make sure that your device is charged atleast 80%
- Make sure that you backup important data on your device before unlocking bootloader.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that drivers are installed on your computer.
- Download Flash Tool from Here..
- Download necessary Files from Here.
- Download Super Su from Here.
Download the files before following the below procedure to Root Sony Xperia M2. Follow all steps without even skipping a single step.
Procedure to Root Sony Xperia M2
- Make sure that your device is bootloader unlocked.
- Copy the Super Su zip to your internal SD card.
- Now install Flash Tool on your PC.
- Now extract the necessary files to c:\flashtool\firmwares
- Turn off your device and connect it to PC by holding the volume key down.
- Now launch the flash tool and flash the 18.3.c.0.37 tft and select only loader.sin and Kernel.sin
- After successful flashing reboot onto recovery mode.
- In recovery mode select Install Zip from SD card and select the Super Su file you have copied earlier.
- Wait for a few seconds until the flashing completes.
- Next do take a backup of the Rom using the recovery which will be helpful when you want the stock look back.
You can download Root checker application from Play Store to check whether your device is rooted or not. Hope this guide on “Root Sony Xperia M2 Android 4.4.2” helped you to root the device without any issues. If you are facing any issues while following the procedure do let us know via comments so that we can help you out.