Sony Xperia T2 Ultra was launched a few months back and the device was a hit in the Phatablet segment. The device got huge developer support which helped to have a rooting guide in a few days after the release of the device. The Specifications of the device includes a whooping 6″ display with a resolution of 720 * 1280 with a ppi of ~254 and a Qualcomm Quad-Core chipset coupled with 1 GB of Ram. The device comes shipped with Sony’s customized UI. So if you own the device and searching for ways to “Root Sony Xperia T2 Ultra“, this article might help you.
The device got a good developer support that there are many custom roms which are developed for the device. But you can try them only when you have custom recovery installed on your device. The first thing you need to do before flashing a custom recovery on your device is rooting it. This guide includes steps to Root Sony Xperia T2 Ultra which include unlocking Bootloader, Flashing Custom Recovery and rooting the device. However we at TheGeekDaily are not responsible for your bricked devices and damaged SD Cards, This guide is for educational purposes only.
Prerequisites & Downloads to Root Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
- Make sure that your device is bootloader unlocked. If you don’t know how to do it you can check the guide here.
- Make sure that your device is charged atleast 80%
- Make sure that you backup important data on your device before unlocking bootloader.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure that drivers are installed on your computer.
- Download Flash Tool from Here.
- Download Rooting Kit for the device here.
- Download Required Files from Here.
- Download T2-Recovery from Here.
That’s it you are good to follow the below procedure to root the device. Make sure that you follow each and every step carefully without skipping anything.
Procedure to Root Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
- Install Flash Tool on your C drive.
- Next extract the Required files to c:\flashtool\firmwares
- Turn your device off and connect it to your PC by pressing Volume Key Down.
- Next open up flash tool ====> Press Flash Button ====> select 4.4.2.ftf or 4.4.3.ftf file depending on your os version.
- Follow onscreen instructions. Make sure you select only kernel from the list.
- After successful completion disconnect your device and you are good to close the flash tool.
- Now open the Root tool and click on Install.bat which will root your device.
- Now you can download Super Su from Play Store and can Update the binary.
You have successfully rooted Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and the next part is flashing recovery image on your device.
Install Custom recovery on Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
You are going to install XZ dual recovery which is TWRP and PhiliZ
- Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Download the Recovery file from above link.
- Extract the folder anywhere on your PC.
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Click on Install.bat and wait your device to be rebooted during the process.
Now you have installed dual recovery on your device. To boot into the recovery press & hold vol up until you get 3 beeps while booting and release the key to enter PhiliZ recovery and Down to TWRP recovery. Hope this guide on “How to Root Sony Xperia T2 Ultra” helped you to root the device. If you are stuck at any point do comment below so that we can help you out.