Apple iPods have been for long known for its phenomenal music and style but something else for which it is often criticized by some and loved by some is its anti-piracy policies that won’t even allow you to backup your media stored in your device to your PC.
In fact, I’ve seen some people switch to Android due to these issues like, you always need iTunes to transfer music. Seriously guys, some people don’t even look for a solution. Anyway, lucky you. Here is a solution to share music without iTunes between iPad/iPod to computer.Sharepod
Sharepod is a free app that allows you to share and backup your media. With Sharepod you can
- Add and remove music, videos, play-lists and artwork on your iPod.
- Backup all those tracks you just can’t lose onto your computer. Import them automatically into your iTunes library.
- Access and backup photo albums
- SharePod can run straight from the iPod itself, so you can use it at work, school, home –
- SharePod reads your iPod database and allows you to extract music files to your hard drive individually or by playlist.
- You can also create Winamp playlists from the music on your iPod so you can listen to it without needing to copy the mp3 files to your computer.
- If you are on a network, (e.g. at work/university) and you share the iPod drive on the network, other users can run your copy of SharePod from their own computers, and download music directly from your iPod! This allows P2P type music sharing just by plugging in your iPod
- This software need not be installed on each system where you want to share your music since it resides in your iPod itself, i.e. all you need to do is to plug-in your device and run sharepod.exe, Sharepod reads your iPod database and allows you to extract music files to your hard drive individually or by playlist.