Overclocking is not an infant term any more to android smartphone users now. All the android phones of mid price range do not come with very high processors, in most cases less than 1 GHz. So overclocking is common among all such users but if we tell you that you can overclock now your android smartphone’s processor from 1.2 Ghz. to 2.0 Ghz., it may sound absurd to you but it is made possible now with the help of KangBang custom kernel installation. Overclocking a phone more than its standard limit of processor can burn the IC of your phone so it’s always better to be in limits. Today we have got something very exciting for you, yes we can Overclock HTC Vivid now to 2.0 GHz.
HTC Vivid which officially comes with Dual-core 1.2 GHz Scorpion CPU can now be overclocked with the help of KangBang custom kernel for a better and fascinating performance like an android super phone.
To Overclock HTC Vivid to 2.0 GHz, follow the steps mentioned in below post…
This tutorial must be strictly used to Overclock HTC Vivid, using this method on any other variant can brick your phone. Proceed further at your own risk, we do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong during the overclocking process.
- Make sure your HTC Vivid is rooted with S-OFF and have CWM recovery installed. You can download and install both from Google Play Store.
- Download 8660-KangBang-Kernel v2.0 Last Senseful Edition from below given link.
SHA1 Checksum : 26981bb48650a3df021e7738884b06488258fb93
- Kindly check your phone’s battery level before performing any installation so that your phone’s battery don’t get runoff during the process. Make sure your phone’s battery is 60% charged at least.
- Make a back up of all the important data stored on your phone like contacts, SMS, APN settings, bookmarks etc. Pen down APN/Wi-Fi settings for sure.
How to Overclock HTC Vivid with S-OFF to 2.0 GHz using KangBang custom kernel
- Move the downloaded “KangBang-Kernel-v2.0.zip” file to your phone’s SD card. Just copy it, don’t extract it now.
- Now boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. Turn your phone off then hold down “Volume up and Volume down” button and then press “Power” button till your phone screen is on again. In recovery you scroll down with the help of “Volume up and down button” and select with the “power” button. Highlight “Recovery mode” option with these keys and select it.
- From the main menu options, kindly scroll down to select “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from SD card”. Now find the file “KangBang-Kernel-v2.0.zip” on your SD card and select it to install. Confirm “Yes” to install it.
- As soon as the installation is finished, reboot your phone by selecting option “Back > Reboot now”.
- You are done now with the process of installing KangBang kernel. Kindly go to Google Play store and download app like “No-frills CPU Control” to control and use the highest allowed overclocked frequency for your HTC Vivid.