Over the last few years, ever since Apple iPhone users have become aware of the process of jailbreaking their devices in order to gain advanced control and added advantages including access to cracked apps, live wallpapers etc., there has been an
unprecedented rise in the number of applications downloaded from Cydia (Cracked App Store for jailbroken iDevices).
In this article we are going to cover the Top 10 Cydia apps for jailbroken iOS devices that can provide you with some added functionality and interesting tweaks. In case you are not familiar with the process of jailbreaking your iphone, you can refer to our recent guide – How to Jailbreak iOS 5 using Ultrasn0w.
Here are the Top 10 Cydia Tweaks:
- vWallpapers 2 – vWallpaper 2 has revised version with iOS 5 support to bring out video animated wallpapers on the new software. This will help you to download new videos, 3D effects, HTML widget, etc.
- CameraLocker – This app will give you the option to show the camera button on the lockscreen for iOS 5.
- StyleUnlock – It is an amazing new add, which uniquely allow you to unlock your iPhone. It uses multi-touch gestures to unlock iPhone from lockscreen. ‘Slide to Unlock’ feature can also be hidden for a unique look.
- AppsCenter – This is a new widget specially made for iOS 5 that allows you to launch apps directly from the notification centre. It will keep all installed apps in the notification centre.
- BlurriedNCBackground – This new tweak changes your iOS 5 notification centre background to transparent. You can also change the opacity as per your preference.
- Brightness Icons – Brightness Icons allow you to adjust the brightness on your device. With this app it is quite easy to adjust the brightness without the need to navigate all the way to settings. Just hold down the icon to adjust the maximum or minimum brightness of your device.
- CleanStatus – This app will allow you to customize your status bar. You can add or remove many items that you would like to on your device.
- NowListening – This latest tweak adds a banner notification for music app on your iOS 5 device. If you are in the habit of listening to songs in ‘Shuffle’ mode then this tweak can be very helpful.
- AnyLockApp – iOS 5 has come up with new tweak that allows you to install and put your most favorite application shortcut right beside the unlock screen.
- Weesearch – You can search on the web from Notification Centre through Weesearch . Using this app, it is possible to search Google, Wikipedia, and YouTube directly.