Yesterday arrived the eagerly anticipated iOS 4.2.x, with which came a surprise for iDevice users. You can now use a $99/year service free of cost! – Yes that’s true, Apple is providing a huge service free first time in its history.
So as I promised you all in my earlier post – I’ll write a tutorial on how you can use this “Find My iPhone” service.
Find my iPhone – a service by Apple, that helps you track your iDevice anywhere in the world using other iDevice. If ever the device is lost, you can login to MobileME and track your iDevice, display a message on it, play sound, lock your device with a PIN or even erase all available data!
Follow this easy guide to get it working on any iOSdevice running iOS 4.2.1. To do this you must have, or borrow a friends “2010 iOS device”, either an iPhone 4, iPod touch (fourth generation), or an iPad.
- Create a free Find My iPhone account on either the iPhone 4, iPad, or iPod touch 4th generation running iOS 4.2.1.
- Launch App Store on your iOS device and downloadFind My iPhone.
- Then go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > and add a MobileMe account. Login using your Apple ID, once connected turn on Find My iPhone.
- Launch Find My iPhone and log in with your Apple ID on your 2010 iOS device.
- Now on your non-2010 device, log in with your Apple ID.
- Once logged-in, head over to MobileMe login page by following this link to the Find My iPhone page.