Emoticons are the most used symbols you might have ever used while chatting. Facebook silently launched a new feature for FB lovers, now you will be able to use anybody’s profile pic inside Facebook chat! Continue reading after the jump to know how you can start using it today.
Facebook now allows you to use any person’s, official page’s or event page’s display picture in facebook chat. This simply means you can insert a dp of your friend, Justine Bieber, Chuck Noris or any one else.. This will help you express complex emotions quite easily in a fun way. This is how you do it:
1) Go to anyone’s profile, page or event that you want to use as an emoticon.
2) From the URL copy the username or profile ID which ever is available, for e.g. in case of TheGeekDaily’s official page the URL is: https://www.facebook.com/TheGeekDaily, so we’ll copy the part after forward slash ‘/’ which is it’s username i.e. TheGeekDaily.
3) Place this username or profile ID between “[[” and “]]” for e.g. [[TheGeekDaily]]
4) Enter this into chat or message and as soon as you send it, it will automatically convert to that profile’s picture.
You can send these emoticons from mobile and web both, but if you will send it from mobile it will not appear to you but the person receiving it is on web can still see it. In other words, these emoticons can be used from both mobile or web but are viewable only on web. For now you can not use them in wall post, comments or status update. Though emoticons are very small but you can always hover your mouse over them to find out the name of person or page it belongs to.
Oh and one more thing, pages that are not owned by anyone and has information from Wikipedia can not be used as emoticons.
For some fun, I have gathered a few great profiles that you people can use as emoticons:
- Badass – (Chuck Norris) []
- Eloquence – [[WilliamShakespeare1]]
- Pirate – [[CaptainJackSparrow]]
- President, leadership – [[barackobama]]
- Bro – [[DJPAULYD]]
- Male attractiveness – (Ryan Gosling) []
- Boyishness – [[JustinBieber]]
- Relaxation – [[BobMarley]]
- Condescension, judgment – [[simoncowell]]
- Adventure, auto theft – [[VinDiesel]]
- Brilliance, controversial brilliance – [[Zuck]]
- Loudmouth – [[theuncrunched]]
- Greed – [[DonaldTrump]]
- Drunk – (David Hasselhoff) []
- Santa Claus – [[TheMagicOfSantaClaus]]
- Terrible art – [[Nickelback]]
- Winning – [[CharlieSheen]]
- Disapproval – Fry from Futurama [[]
Do try them and if you find some more please add them here via comments for us, as well as for your fellow readers.