After almost a month, Microsoft has launched yet another preview build for Windows Phone 10 Insider Preview users. This new build is known as Build 10136. Although, this new build has not brought tons of new features and bug fixes, yet you will surely get some performance improvements, security flaw patch, UI enhancements and couple of new features in Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136.
The following list contains of all the new features in Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136, which is available for older WP 10 preview build (Build 10080) users.
New Features and Improvements in Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136
1) UI Improvements: A lot of apps had major problems in Windows 10 Mobile Build 10080. However, this new build has made a lot of UI changes. This just didn’t made the interface better but the edge is looking better too. Earlier builds have transparency issues in touchpad. Nevertheless, Microsoft has fixed that issue in Build 10136.
2) Enhanced Cortana: Cortana is probably the best feature of Windows Mobile. Now, Cortana comes with two different themes i.e. Light and Dark. Just Windows Phone’s core theme, you can change the Cortana’s theme as well. This will surely help you in low light environment. At the same time, Microsoft has improved the cards in terms of UI, options and crashes. This is possible to track your flight and get notified via Email and push notification by Cortana in this new build. The one-liners get much better and users will certainly get a better experience.
3) Camera and Photos App Improvement: Microsoft has included a new feature, which is called Jump to Month. This option lets you jump to the “month view” in Photos app. Generally, Windows Phones have “Week view” in Photos app. However, this new application will help you to explore old photos faster. On the other hand, the new Camera app contains some more features. This app currently has BETA tag and available for Lumia 640, 640XL, 930 and 1520.
4) Screen Slide Down: This is mainly for one-handed mobile users. Sometime we need to use our mobile using one hand and this new feature will assist you to do so in a better way. Now, you can tap and hold the Start button to slide down your screen. After that, you would be able to use top menu options using only one hand.
5) MMS Bug Fixed: This was a huge flaw in the system. Users had a problem to receive MMS in previous build. However, this bug has been fixed now in Build 10136.
6) Lock Screen Touch Issue Fixed
7) Now you can enable or disable Wi-Fi by pressing the Wi-Fi toggle button in the Action Center. Previously, this particular button redirected users to the setting page instead of enabling or disabling.
Some other improvements are mentioned here.
As the preview builds are being launched in every month, the existence of bugs is not a surprise. However, this particular build has loads of bugs and most of them are very serious. At the same time, Microsoft has launched this build even after having so many flaws. This may create problems even for developers.