Samsung Galaxy S 3
Along with the great style and looks the new Samsung galaxy S 3 is the amazing blend of performance and features. This smart phone is stuffed with latest features such as 4.8 inch capacitive touch screen with the 8 Megapixel camera which let you record pictures in HD quality. This Samsung phone is powered by a 1.4 GHz Quad Core processor and is based on the Android v4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system which is upgradeable to 4.1 (Jelly Bean) .
- Body :- The body dimensions are 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm (5.38 x 2.78 x 0.34 in) and the body weight is 133 g (4.69 oz) . The body of Samsung galaxy S 3 has Touch-sensitive controls .
- Display :- Galaxy S3 has Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, 16M colors with the display size of 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (~306 ppi pixel density) with the feature of multi touch . The display of Galaxy s 3 come with the protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 2 .
- Operating system :- Galaxy S3 has Android OS, v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which is upgradeable to 4.1 (Jelly Bean) , Exynos 4412 Quad along with Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 processor .
- Camera :- The primary camera of the phone is 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash which have features like Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, the video camera can capture the HD videos of 1080p@30fps. The Galaxy S 3 also have the secondary camera of 1.9 MP, 720p@30fps .
- Memory :- The Samsung have given the option of card slot which is micro SD. The memory can be extended up to 64 GB , while the internal memory has 16/32/64 GB of storage along with 1 GB RAM .
- Battery :- The Galaxy S3 has Standard battery Li-Ion 2100 mAh which has Stand-by time Up to 590 h (2G) / Up to 790 h (3G) and talk time Up to 21 h 40 min (2G) / Up to 11 h 40 min (3G) .
Samsung Galaxy S3 MINI Great features in small package
Samsung Galaxy S III Mini is the successor to one of the world’s best selling Android mobile the Samsung Galaxy S III. Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini has a display of 4.0 inch, 480 x 800 pixels, 16M colors, Super Amoled touch screen running Android OS 4.0 toppled. The screen is excellent with high quality display, wide angles and sunlight legibility.
The phone has been powered by a Dual core 1 GHz processor and 1GB Ram to ensure smooth performance of the mobile.
The Samsung Galaxy S III mini packs a 5 Mega Pixel camera with autofocus and LED flash which can also capture videos of high quality up to 720p@30fps . The pictures shot from the camera are the best a 5 Mega Pixel snapper can shoot.
It’s a complete mobile on the connectivity front as well. It has all the connectivity features like 3G, Wi-Fi, DLNA, GPS, Micro USB etc. The phone also houses a 16GB of inbuilt memory which is further expandable via Micro SD slot.
- Body :- The body dimensions of galaxy S3 Mini are 121.6 x 63 x 9.9 mm (4.79 x 2.48 x 0.39 in) and the body weight is 111.5 g (3.92 oz) . As like the Galaxy S3 , the galaxy S3 Mini comes with Touch-sensitive controls .
- Display :- This smart phone have Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, 16M colors and the screen size is 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches (~233 ppi pixel density) . The display of S 3 mini has the features of multi touch
- Operating system :- Galaxy S3 Mini has the latest Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean) , Nova Thor U8420 with Dual-core 1 GHz processor .
- Camera :- The phone has a primary camera of 5 MP, 2592×1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash along with the features of Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection . You can capture the high quality video of 720p@30fps . The phone have Secondary VGA camera
- Memory :- The S3 Mini has micro SD card slot . The memory can be extended up to 32 GB . The internal memory options are of 8/16 GB along with 1 GB RAM .
- Battery :- The S3 Mini have standard battery Li-Ion 1500 mAh which has stand up time Up to 450 h (2G) / Up to 430 h (3G) and the talk time Up to 14 h 10 min (2G) / Up to 7 h 10 min (3G) .
Comparison of Samsung Galaxy S3 with Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
Here we come to climax about the comparison of both brothers of Samsung family . Lets see whether the mini version have any advantage over the big one :-
1) Body size and body weight
- Samsung Galaxy S3 :- 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm (5.38 x 2.78 x 0.34 in) weight :- 133 g (4.69 oz )
- Samung Galaxy S3 Mini :- 121.6 x 63 x 9.9 mm (4.79 x 2.48 x 0.39 in) weight :- 111.5 g (3.92 oz)
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is bigger in size and heavier in weight than Samsung galaxy S3 Mini
- Samsung galaxy S3 :- 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels
- Samsung galaxy S3 Mini :- 5 MP, 2592×1944 pixels
Samsung Galaxy S3 have that edge over its young brother with 8 MP which helps in capturing the great images and HD videos.
- Samsung galaxy S 3 :- Li-Ion 2100 mAh
- Samsung galaxy S 3 mini :- Li-Ion 1500 mAh
Looking at the battery type and performance it shows that Samsung Galaxy S again better than its smaller version . The Samsung galaxy S3 has good battery stand by time and talk time than Samsung galaxy S3 Mini
4) Memory :-
- Samsung galaxy S 3 :- S 3 comes with the internal memory of 16/32/64 GB
- Samsung galaxy S 3 mini :- S 3 mini come with internal memory of 8/16 GB
As S3 mini is low-cost smart phone, it is not too surprising to see that the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini doesn’t offer particularly high-memory options. You can have just two options either 8GB or 16GB of internal memory, while the Samsung Galaxy S3 goes all the way up to 64GB.
The Final Verdict
Samsung claims that the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is just like Samsung Galaxy S3 which is being transformed into a smaller body. But that’s not really true. This isn’t a terrible thing, but means that the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is a just a mid-range phone rather than something particularly exciting and new.