Nobody is perfect. Or, everybody needs more.
These are the main reasons why most of the developers work on something what will let users do even more than default system users. The same thing happens with Windows as well. Some people would like to use default Windows settings or visual design and rest of them make change according to their wish.
In fact, there are many people, who want more options in order to do more via Windows platform. If you are one of them, who need some tweaks so that you can get more out of your existing Windows, here is a software. This free customization utility is known as Windows Tweaker.
Windows Tweaker is such a great software that will let you do more than 100 things from one roof. Actually, this all-in-one Windows software is available for a long time now. Previously, it was designed for only Windows 7. Thereafter, the developers made it for Windows 8 as well as 8.1. The most exciting thing is you can install this system tweaker on Windows 10 Technical Preview too. There is no harmful side of this application.
Let’s get started with Windows Tweaker
Actually, it comes with more than one hundred features or tweaks. It is quite difficult to mention all the features. Hence, I am going to mention only most useful and important options what are included in Windows Tweaker. Nevertheless, before starting anything, download and install Windows Tweaker from here.
The visual design is really great and attractive. This is completely different than other softwares. Windows Tweaker is well organized and all the features are categorized into plenty of main categories.
Explorer is the primary category. Within Explorer, you will find some other secondary categories like Libraries, Drive Letter Display etc. Right from the Explorer tab, you can do the following things;
- Add Recycle Bin to My Computer
- Add Registry Editor to Control Panel
- Show drive letter before name
- Show/Hide Menubar
- Show hidden files and folders
- Hide extensions for known file types
- Display compress & encrypted NTFS files in color
- Show desktop background on Start (in Windows 8)
- Go to Desktop instead of Start after signing in
- Show or Hide “Libraries” in Navigation Pane
This tab lets you tweak system information. For instance, you can
- Kill apps immediately and shutdown straightaway
- Specify support information
- Change logo that will be displayed in Computer’s Property
- Disable Windows installer
- Enable or Disable Windows Animation
- Show Windows content while dragging
- Change Windows border width
- Change Windows selection color
- Change Alt + Tab function (Not recommended for Windows 10)
This will let you enhance your right click context menu. You can add or remove
- Copy to, Move To, Send To, Encrypt, Decrypt, Open with Notepad, Defragment etc.
- Manually add any application, URL etc.
- Add or remove programs from Send To menu
- Set up God Mode
- Set or Change default “Open With” menu
- Change Power Button function (for Windows 7)
- Set default app for those files with no extension
- Open Start up Manager faster
- Generally, Windows does not allow users to rename folders to CON, PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1, COM2 etc. But, by making use of Tasks section, you can easily create folders with such protected names.
- If you want to shut down your PC at predefined time, head over to Schedule shutdown tab
- Hide folders and files with System Privileges
- Disable “File” menu in explorer
- Disable folder options
- Disable Right Click
- Disable Win + keyboard shortcuts
- Disable Shutdown option from Start menu
- Hide Control Panel from Start Menu
- Disable Windows Update
- Disable Windows Registry Editing Tools
- Disable Taskbar Animation
Apart from all these aforementioned features, there are also some other options in Windows Tweaker. For example, you can
- Setup auto log in
- Change Startup sound
- Set up “press Ctrl + Alt + Del before log in”
- Disable Group Policy update during startup
Windows Tweaker will aid you to do even more.
Actually, it can eliminate other software what helps you to do only one or two changes in Windows. But, as you have seen that, Windows Tweaker is an all-in-one PC customizer.
Have you used Windows Tweaker before? NO? Do try it now and share your opinion.